Friday, July 31, 2026

JAMES BOND 007 for the Odyssey2 and Videopac ( a false alarm )

 JAMES BOND 007   for the Odyssey2 and Videopac  ( a false alarm )



Earlier in the week, I was browsing eBay and I was looking for Odyssey2 games.
I stumbled across a listing for JAMES BOND 007, by Parker Brothers.

My heart skipped a beat. Could this be a prototype of sorts? Maybe it was only released in Europe.
Maybe it was only released in Brazil.

I looked at the pictures.. the cartridge was dirty, yes. The back of the cartridge looked correct.
Maybe this seller did not realize what he had. $12!  I have to "buy it now" before I miss out.









Looking at the end of the cartridge,
 it even kind of looked like an internal Odyssey2 printed circuit board!


I started counting pins... there were too many

Then I broke out my DIGITAL PRESS PRICE GUIDE

JAMES BOND 007 was not listed in the Odyssey2 section... not even under "prototypes"


I decided to ponder what other gaming system this could be for...

I then checked the C-64 section, and sure enough, it was released for the C-64!

I got my box of C-64 game cartridges and low and behold, the pins matched!

I contacted the buyer on eBay:





He then soon after ended the listing...




So...   what now?

Is there a homebrew programmer that may be willing to try to port the game
to the Odyssey2 / Videopac?

Do you think it is "do-able"?

What are your thoughts?















No comments:

Post a Comment